Combined Heat & Power Plant 8 in Moscow
Array (  => Array ( [id] => 4 [name] => Types of work [value] =>
Upgrading the Central Russia energy industry under Decree of the Moscow Government “On Energy Strategy of Moscow Until 2025”: Work completed:
- demolishing the building of the boiler house and auxiliary brick structures with various numbers of floors (4, 6, and 8 floors);
- preserving the required structures, buildings, equipment, and utilities and taking the necessary actions to protect / strengthen these elements;
- demolishing utility bridges while preserving operating utilities;
- replacing flare stacks at an operating gas distribution plant;
- tearing down and removing foundations to the -3.0 m elevation;
- backfilling the holes from foundations with disintegrated debris from the torn-down and removed rubble foundation (to 400 mm);
- fragmenting and removing construction waste.
Work was performed 24/7 in Moscow (near the Volgogradsky Prospect metro station). Some of the structures to be demolished were bordering on operating buildings and utilities to be preserved, such as the gas distribution plant, the gas distribution plant’s control room, the heating utilities feeding building, and the main pipeline. Demolition in such areas was performed manually, and the status was continuously controlled. The monitoring was performed by persons in charge from Combined Heat & Power Plant 8, the field supervision engineer, and Reforma Group staff.
Material: reinforced concrete, metal structures.