Array (  => Array ( [id] => 4 [name] => Types of work [value] =>
Teardown and removal of non-operated buildings and structures of Ufaleynickel, the town’s key employer.
Demolition took 6 months through:
- mechanized demolition of over 100 buildings and structures;
- specialized blasting operations to demolish two reinforced concrete smokestacks over 150 m and over 100 m high.
The following machinery was employed:
- 2 Liebherr crawler excavators (Demolition version) with a 34-meter boom;
- 15 crawler excavators with attached hydraulic shears and hydraulic hammers;
- over 20 pieces of other construction machinery of various applications, e.g., dump trucks, truck-mounted cranes, and bulldozers.
Reforma Group’s team had to handle massive metal structures and their complex spatial positioning—reinforced concrete smokestacks up to 150 meters high, a massive gas treatment unit building, a crane trestle made of metal beams and pillars 2 meters in diameter and 50 meters high, and foundations removal.
50,000 cubic meters of foundations were torn down and removed.
180,000 cubic meters of structures in solid-body equivalent were dismantled with the total structural volume of 800,000 cubic meters.
The site was cleared for the construction of Zinc Electrolysis Plant (customer: Polymet Engineering LLC; scheduled commissioning time: 2022).
Material: metal structures, concrete, reinforced concrete, brick lining.